PEDIA-LAX ENEMA RECTAL SALINE LAXATIVE
- For relief of constipation
- Works in minutes
- Latex free
#1 Doctor Recommended
- for ages 2-11 years
- Enema saline laxative
- Soft Flexible Comfortip
- Works in minutes
Complete enema in a disposable squeeze bottle with soft, pre-lubricated Comfortip
- Protective shield prevents contamination
- Pre-lubricated Comfortip® for ease of insertion
- One-way safety valve controls flow and prevents reflux
- Easy squeeze bottle
Fleet® Enemas are Latex Free. Allergic reactions to materials containing Latex is a growing and serious medical problem.
Single Daily Dosage:
Do not use more unless directed by a doctor. See Warnings.
Children 5 to 11 years of age: One bottle or as directed by a doctor.
Children 2- 5 years of age: One-Half bottle.
- One-half bottle preparation: Unscrew cap and remove 2 tablespoons of liquid with a measuring spoon. Replace cap and follow directions on back of carton.
Children under 2 years: Do Not Use
Positions for using this enema:
- Left side position: Place child on left side with knees bent, and arms resting comfortably.
- Knee-chest position: Have child kneel, then lower head and chest forward until left side of face is resting on surface with left arm folded comfortably.
How to use this enema:
- Remove orange protective shield from enema comfort tip before inserting.
- With steady pressure, gently insert enema tip into rectum with a slight side-to-side movement, with tip pointing toward navel. Insertion may be easier if child receiving enema bears down, as if having a bowel movement. This helps relax the muscles around the anus.
- Do not force the enema tip into rectum as this can cause injury.
- Squeeze bottle until nearly all liquid is gone. It is not necessary to empty the bottle completely, as it contains more liquid than needed.
- Remove Comfortip® from rectum and keep child in position until urge to evacuate is strong (usually 2 to 5 minutes).
- Each 59-mL delivered dose contains: sodium 2.2g
- This product generally produces a bowel movement in 1-5 minutes
- Active Ingredients: Monobasic Sodium Phosphate 9.5g (Saline Laxative), Dibasic Sodium Phosphate 3.5g (Saline Laxative).
- Inactive Ingredients: Benzalkonium Chloride, Disodium EDTA, Purified Water